Manuel Ochoa A., M.D., Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon, begins activities as member of Clinica Cardiovascular at 2011. He is currently a Senior Partner of the Clinic. Offering extensive experience in the area of Adult and Child Complex Cardiac Surgery, Heart Transplantation and Thoracic and Vascular Surgery.
Manuel Ochoa, M.D., completed his studies at the prestigious Faculty of Medicine of Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico, receiving the title of Medical Surgeon. (1994-2000)
Later he is accepted to initiate the specialty of General Surgery, in the Centro Médico Nacional de Occidente of Instituto Mexicano de Seguro Social (CMNO IMSS) in Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico, one of the most recognized surgical centers at national level, where he had the opportunity to acquire surgical experience and initiate scientific research projects. (2001-2004)
He performed the subspecialty (Fellowship) of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (2004-2008), at the prestigious Hospital Especialidades Cardiológicas in Monterrey NL Mexico (HE UMAE 34 IMSS), recognized for being a National and International reference center for Advanced Cardiothoracic Surgery, Congenital Heart Disease and Transplantation Cardiac.
Since its beginnings, Doctor Ochoa has shown an affinity for continuous medical education and research. He has been a constant participant in several International Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery congresses, endorsed by world-renowned societies such as Society Thoracic Surgeon (STS) European Society for Cardio Thoracic Surgeons (EACTS), World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery (WSPCHS), Mexican Society of Cardiac Surgery (SMCC), Latin-American Society of Cardiovascular Surgery (SLCC) American Association of Thoracic Surgery (AATS), among others.
He has also had the opportunity to obtain more surgical experience, thanks to several rotations in International Medical Centers, such as: CS Mott Children's Hospital (Michigan, USA), Texas Heart Institute (Houston Texas, USA) and Cedar-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA. USA), among others.
After completing his medical-surgical training, Manuel Ochoa, M.D., returned to Panama City, where he performed his internships to obtain certification as a medical specialist (Caja del Seguro Social 2008-2010), during which he was also a volunteer surgeon with International Children's Heart Foundation (ICHF), supporting international cardiovascular missions trips in the surgical management of congenital heart disease.
Manuel Ochoa, M.D. began work as a partner of the Cardiovascular Clinic in 2011. He is currently a Senior Partner of the Clinic, maintaining the innovation and vanguard of the surgical team, offering extensive experience in the area of Complex Cardiac Surgery Adults and Children, Heart Transplantation and Thoracic Surgery.
During these last years, in addition to offering surgical treatment in highly complex heart and lung surgeries; has been part of several innovative procedures and state-of-the-art programs at the National level, such as:
• Heart Transplant program in Panama.
• Congenital Cardiac program (pediatric and adults) at Pacifica Salud Hospital.
• Ventricular cardiac Support and ECLS ECMO program
• Surgical Treatment for Hypertrophic Obstructive cardiomyopathy
• Myocardial Bridge Unroofing Surgery
• Surgery of Ascending Aorta with valve preservation
• First Bovine Jugular Graft Implant for Reconstruction of the Right Ventricular Outflow Tract in Panama and Central America.
• Placement of Percutaneous Aortic Valve with Ventricular Assist
• Hybrid Management in the Treatment of Complex Aortic Dissection.
AREAS OF INTEREST
• Cardiac Surgery Adults (Total arterial CABG , Mitral valve repair and Ascending Aorta procedures)
• Unroofing myocardial bridge surgery and Hypertrofic cardiomyopathy procedures
• Pediatric Cardiac Surgery (Congenital Heart Disease)
• Minimal Invasive Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
• Cardiac Transplantation and Ventricular Assist